ATTITUDES TOWARD CONGREGATIONAL SUCCESS
- INTRODUCTION: [ATTITUDE = YOUR FEELINGS]
- MEN CANT SEND YOU TO JAIL FOR A SORDID,
SNOBBISH ATTITUDE, BUT THE LORD CAN SEND YOU TO HELL FOR IT.
- INDIFFERENCE TOWARD THE CHURCH, THE WORSHIP,
THE SERMON, OR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS, MAY NOT PROVOKE ANY CIVIC
UPHEAVALS IN THE COMMUNITY, BUT IT CAN PUT YOU ON THE LEFT HAND
AT THE LAST DAY; THEN SEND YOU TO ETERNAL DESTRUCTION.
- COURTEOUS, HELPFUL, COOPERATIVE, SINCERE
ATTITUDES WILL BE A TONIC TO ANY SERVICE OF THE LORD AND TO
THE CHURCH. THE ACTIONS OF OTHERS ARE NO MORE ESSENTIAL THAN
THE REACTIONS OF YOURSELF. (See Matthew
- ATTITUDE TOWARD UNITY:
- The Bible says:
- Dwell together in unity. (Psalms
- Christ prayed for unity. (John
- Paul said, "Endeavouring to
keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."
- Do you strive for peace or disturbance?
- Do you manifest unity or discord?
- Do you let Gods Word command or do
you mans word demand? (Read Galatians
- ATTITUDE TOWARD WORK:
- We are to prove our work and bear our own
- Reward will be according to ones
- God does not forget work and love (Hebrews
- Why were Scriptures given = unto every
good work. (II
- The Lord saves men to serve Him:
- Unless we are doing something for the
cause here, we are not accomplishing the cause for which
we were redeemed.
- We might be precise in worship, flawless
in its forms, but lacking in power.
- Worship is snot an outward ritual, it
is an inward devotion that expresses itself according to
Gods commandments -- never fail in rendering true
service to God.
- ATTITUDE TOWARDS ATTENDANCE:
- Worship services and Bible studies are
for the purpose of our fulfilling the commands of God to:
- Sing (Ephesians
- Pray (I
- Teach (Acts
- Partake of the Lords Supper (I
- Give (I
- Be furnished unto all good works (II
- Be able to "Speak the things which
become sound doctrine" (Titus
- When we fail to attend we say these things
are not important, and place more importance on that which
we are attending, than being in attendance with Christ at
thee called assembly (Hebrews
- ATTITUDE CONCERNING GIVING:
- Give as prospered (I
- Every first day of the week (I
- When you say you cant, then it follows
the church cant, for you are the church.
- READ POEM I WROTE: "THE THINKING CHRISTIAN".
- EXTEND THE INVITATION.
THE THINKING CHRISTIAN
Why is it we often hear this cry,
"The church where I worship is about to die?"
This brings great saddness to my heart,
Knowing in judgment to hell many will depart.
Why is it so many shirk their responsibility,
Causing the Church to loose its stability?
Too often, I suppose, our thoughts are on worldliness,
Instead of God and works of righteousness.
Why is it many members give up in despair,
And refrain from study and prayer?
Theyve fallen in love with the world and its vice,
And by their actions others entice.
Why is it many the assembly forsake,
And the Lords Supper fail to partake?
Theyve stopped trying the Lord to please,
And instead the devil do appease.
Why is it so many will be cast into hell,
And in anguish and tears be found to dwell?
Theyve refused to accept the Lords way,
And in place of His laws theirs obey.
Back to the Top