COMPROMISE DID NOT WORK IN PHAROAHS DAY
AND NEITHER WILL IT IN OUR DAY.
- SCRIPTURE READING:
"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command
you, neither shall ye diminish from it, that ye may keep the commandments
of Jehovah your God which I command you."
12:32 "What things so ever I command you,
that shall ye observe to do: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish
22:18-19 "For I testify unto every man that heareth
the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto
these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written
in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the
book of the prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book
of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are
written in this book."
- DEFINITION OF COMPROMISE:
- WEBSTER: "To adjust and settle by mutual
concessions; to settle by compromise; a blending of two different
- There is no place found for the word in connection
with what God has stated:
- Where God has bound, we cannot loose or compromise.
- Where God has loosed, we may make determinations
within the area God has loosed: EXAMPLES:
- "Sing" in Ephesians
5:19, is specific as we are told how.
- When we come before the Father, it must specifically
(that is only) be through Christ (John
- The Lord said that we are to "go"
(generally) into the world. He did not specify the how, so we
may use what ever means of transportation is available.
- We are specifically told to worship and on
a certain day. But the time may be determined by the people
on that specific day.
- JACOB AND HIS FAMILY WENT INTO EGYPT DUE TO A FAMINE
IN THE LAND.
- Seventy person (Exodus
1:5) went in; 600,000 men came out (Exodus
12:37); this was 430 years later (Exodus
- Moses was sent by Jehovah to deliver them (Exodus
- Jehovah said for Moses and the elders of the
people to go to Pharaoh asking to go "Three days
journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our
- Pharaoh refuses and ten plagues were brought
upon the land (Exodus
chapters 7-11): Blood; Frogs; Lice, Flies; Murrain of the cattle;
Boils; Hail and Fire; Locust; Darkness; and Death of firstborn.
- PHARAOH SEEKS TO MAKE FOUR COMPROMISES WITH ISRAEL.
- Worship here in the land of Egypt. (Exodus
8:25) "Go ye, sacrifice to your God in the land."
- Any place was all right according to Pharaoh
- This was not what Jehovah had commanded. Exodus
8:27 "We will go three days journey into
the wilderness, and sacrifice to Jehovah our God, as he shall
- Do not go very far. (Exodus
8:28) "And Pharaoh said, I will let you go, that
ye may sacrifice to Jehovah your God in the wilderness; only ye
shall not go very far away: entreat for me."
- Stay close to the border of Egypt.
- A little religion will not hurt he was thinking.
- This again was not what Jehovah had commanded.
- He would let only the men go. (Exodus
10:11) "Go now ye that are men, and serve Jehovah;
for that is what ye desire."
- It wasnt necessary for the women and
children to go.
- He knew that they would come back to be with
- God wants the whole family. (Exodus
10:9) "Moses said, we will go with our young
and with our old; with our sons and with our daughters, with our
flocks and with our hers will we go; for we must hold a feast
- Leave your flocks and herds behind. (Exodus
10:24) "Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said,
go ye, serve Jehovah; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed:
let your little ones also go with you."
- Where treasure or wealth is, there the heart
will be also (Matthew
6:21) "For where your treasure is, there will your
heart be also."
- Ones possessions have always yield great
influence to draw a person back to them:
- The Rich young man in Matthew
19:20-23, was told to sell what he had, "He went
away sorrowful: for he had great possessions."
- We must be willing to part with worldly possessions
to inherit everlasting life. (Matthew
19:29) "And everyone that hath forsaken houses,
or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children,
or lands, for my names sake, shall receive an hundredfold,
and shall inherit everlasting life."
- Demas in II
Timothy 4:10, Paul said "
me, having loved this present world,
- Moses said to Pharaoh (Exodus
10:26) "Our cattle also shall go with us; there
shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to
serve the Lord our God; and we know not with what we must serve
the Lord, until we come thither."
- MOSES AND PHARAOH MEET NO MORE:
- Pharaoh said to Moses: (Exodus
10:28) "Get thee from me, take heed to thyself,
see my face no more; for in the day thou seest my face thou shalt
- Moses replied to Pharaoh: (Exodus
10:29) "Thou hast spoken well; I will see thy
face again no more."
- Preparation for the last plague death of the
first born. Obedience to Jehovahs commands regarding the blood
put on door posts and lintel saved first born of children of Israel
"When I see the blood, I will pass over you."
- Pharaohs Egyptian army destroyed at Red
14:28) "The waters returned, and covered the
chariots, and the horsemen, even all the host of Pharaoh that went
in after them into the sea; there remained no so much ass one of
- WHAT ABOUT US TODAY?
- Are we trying to make compromises with God?
- Partial obedience will not be accepted by God
- CHRIST HAS PLAINLY SAID: "
the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but
by me" (John
- COMPROMISES GOD WILL NOT ACCEPT. IT WILL BE SALVATION
ON HIS TERMS ALONE.
Back to the Top