GODS GIFT IN SYMBOLS
- GIFT GIVING:
- The greatest gift giving time during the
year in Christmas.
- People give gifts for making others happy
and untold other reasons.
- A desk lamp was given by a mother
to her son to have better light for study.
- An old wood stove that was used to heat
with = equal to (fire).
- A neighbor gave a hammer to her
husband because he kept loosing his.
- A friend gave a case of can milk
to a family that was out of work for their baby.
- Coworkers at a warehouse gave meat
(a large ham and turkey) to one that was not working due
- Would you believe it! A soldier station
in Japan, sent his father a sword.
- I have been given a bag of grass seed
wondering if we could use it at the building.
- One at the electronic shop were I had
worked sent me a small mirror so I could some components
behind larger ones.
I did not make this up this is for real.
- I am sure that in some way each of us has
received a gift at some time or other.
- I BEGAN TO THANK AND FOUND A LIKENESS OF
THESE GIFTS TO THE BIBLE - LET ME SHOW YOU:
- THE BIBLE SPOKEN OF IN SYMBOLIC LANGUAGE:
- LAMP = Psalms
119:105 = "Thy word is a lamp unto
my feet, and a light unto my path."
- It will guide one to Christ.
- It will enable a man to see how to glorify
- The light of the gospel will call one
from the darkness of sin.
- FIRE = Jeremiah
23:29 = "Is not my word like as a fire?
Saith the Lord;
- It fire of the Bible will remove
the cool cunning of the devil.
- It will reveal every mans work
of what ever sort it is. I
Corinthians 3:13 = "Every mans
work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it,
because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire
shall try every mans work of what sort it is."
- HAMMER = Jeremiah
23:29 = "
; And like a hammer
that breaketh the rock in pieces."
- It can break the rock to small pieces
to where it can easily be removed.
- It will break up all the of the false
religious foundations while the solid rock of Christ remains.
Corinthians 3:11 = "For other foundation
can no man lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
119:89 = "Forever, O Lord, thy word is
settled in heaven."
- MILK = I
Peter 2:2 = "As newborn babes, desire the
sincere milk of the word, that ye may grown thereby."
- Milk is what one young in the faith needs
to strengthen them to know and understand Gods will.
- Milk is that which is fundamental and
comes before solid food.
- MEAT = Hebrews
5:12-14 = "For when for the time ye ought
to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which
be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become
such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
For everyone that useth milk is unskillful in the word
of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat
belongeth to them that afe of full age, even those who by
reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both
good and evil."
- Teaching that will convict the gain sayer
- Teaching one that which will make him
"furnished unto all good works"
- SWORD = Ephesians
6:17 = "And take the helmet of salvation,
and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
- Gods word cuts deep to discern
the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews
4:12 = "For the word of God is quick,
and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing
even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of
the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts
and intents of the heart."
- It is the wisdom of God that shows mans
wisdom is foolish (I
- MIRROR = "James
1:23 = "For if any be a hearer of the word,
and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural
face in a glass."
- The glass is same as a looking glass
- It enables us to see what we really are,
so that proper corrections may be made as necessary.
- SEED = "Luke
8:11 = "
The seed is the word
- It is the seed to be put into the heart
of man. Hebrews
10:16 = "This is the covenant that I
will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I
will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will
I write them."
- It is the seed that Paul said: "I
have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase."
- FROM THESE WE HAVE EXPRESSIONS OF THE DIFFERENT
USES OF THE WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE:
- We use the lamp as a light to guide
our steps (Jeremiah
- We use the fire to try the spirits
whether they are of God (I
- We use the hammer to break down
the false religions of man into pieces (I
- We use the milk to nourish the young
to spiritual adulthood.
- We use the meat to strengthen the
full grown to stand up for Christ.
- We use the sword that man may know
the sharpness of the cutting edge of the word of God as it
divides soul and spirit (Hebrews
- We use the mirror that we may see
ourselves now as the Lord sees us before we come to Him in
- We sow the seed that fruit may be
brought to Christ.
- CHRISTMAS IS NOT OF GODS DOING = IT
IS OF MANS DOING.
- YET A GREAT GIFT HAS BEEN GIVEN US FROM GOD
FOR ALL SEASONS AND THAT IS HIS WORD.
- WE CAN LEARN SO MUCH FROM GODS WORD
= IT TRULY IS THE POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION (Romans
- HOW WILL YOU USE THIS GREAT GIFT OF GOD?
Back to the Top