In Christ Jesus
- SCRIPTURE READING:
Gal. 3:26-29 = "For ye are all the children of God by faith
in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ
have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither
bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all
one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's
seed, and heirs according to the promise."
- Any one that is in Christ Jesus is in His church.
- Any one that is in His church is in His church.
- This is true because they are identical.
- If you are in either of them, you are in both of them.
Eph 1:22-23 = "And hath put all things under his feet,
and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which
is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all."
- WHAT DOES IT BENEFIT ONE TO BE IN CHRIST?
- WE ARE SONS OF GOD.
Gal. 3:26 = "For ye are all the children of God by faith in
- We are born to be sons of God by God.
John 1:12-13 = "But as many as received him, to them gave
he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe
on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will
of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
- However, this is on the condition that we "received
- Only those that receive Him does he give the power "to
become the sons of God".
- This privilege of being "sons of God" is not
by any physical blood or fleshly will of man "but of
- This birth is spiritual and only the Spirit can bear witness
that we are the children of God.
Rom 8:16-17 = "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our
spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then
heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that
we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."
- As His children we are His heirs.
- We are "joint-heirs with Christ".
- But the faithful heirs will receive the blessings God
extends to the heirs.
- WE ARE ADORNED WITH RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Gal. 3:27 = "For as many of you as have been baptized into
Christ have put on Christ."
- Being "sons of God" also requires that we be "baptized
- Only those that "have been baptized into Christ have
put on Christ".
- Putting on Christ means that we have turned from fleshly
desires and lusts.
Rom 13:14 = "But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make
not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."
- The "Sons of God" can easily be manifested for
they will not sin, "because he is born of God".
1 John 3:9-10 = "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit
sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because
he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest,
and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness
is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."
- The righteousness of the "Sons of God" will be
- They are "filled with the fruits of righteousness"
that is only possible "by Jesus Christ".
Phil 1:11 = "Being filled with the fruits of righteousness,
which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of
- They are not "unequally yoked with unbelievers"
and have no fellowship with the unrighteous.
2 Cor 6:14 = "Be ye not unequally yoked together with
unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with
unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"
- WE ARE NOT DIVIDED.
Gal. 3:28 = "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither
bond nor free, there is neither male nor female:
- Due to racial differences -- "There is neither Jew nor
- Due to social differences -- "There is neither bond
- Due to sexual differences "There is neither male
- We "are all one in Christ Jesus".
- Therefore, there is to be no differences due to judgments
1 Cor 1:10 = " Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name
of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing,
and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly
joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
- We have a common faith.
Tit. 1:4 = "To Titus, mine own son after the common
faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and
the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour."
- We have a common salvation.
Jude 3 = "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write
unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me
to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly
contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the
- WE ARE A UNITED PEOPLE.
Gal. 3:28 = "
for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
- We are one body.
Eph. 4:4 = "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as
ye are called in one hope of your calling;"
- We are working together as a body.
Eph. 4:13-16 = "Till we all come in the unity of the faith,
and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man,
unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That
we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried
about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and
cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But
speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things,
which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly
joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth,
according to the effectual working in the measure of every part,
maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."
- Christ prayed that we "all may be one".
John 17:20-23 = "Neither pray I for these alone, but for
them also which shall believe on me through their word; That
they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee,
that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe
that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I
have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I
in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one;
and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast
loved them, as thou hast loved me."
- WE ARE A HOPEFUL PEOPLE.
Gal. 3:29 = "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed,
and heirs according to the promise."
- Faith is the basis of all that we have mentioned leading
up to the fulfillment of God's promises to His heirs.
Heb 11:1 = "Now faith is the substance of things hoped
for, the evidence of things not seen."
- The "profession of our faith" must be without wavering
"(For he is faithful that promised;)"
Heb 10:23 = "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith
without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)"
Rev. 2:10 = "Fear none of those things which thou shalt
suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison,
that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days:
be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of
- The Lord is not slack concerning His promises and we must
not be slack in faithful obedience to Him.
2 Peter 3:9 = "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise,
as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,
not willing that any should perish, but that all should come
- ONLY IN CHRIST JESUS ARE WE:
- Sons of God.
- Adorned with His righteousness.
- Free of distinctions.
- A united people.
- A people with any hope of salvation.
- ARE YOU IN CHRIST JESUS?
- IF YOU ARE NOT YOU ARE NOT AMONG THOSE ENTITLED TO THE PROMISE
- DO WHAT IS NEEDED TO BE DONE TO BE ONE OF THE "SONS OF GOD".
Back to the Top