Man Versus Animals In Understanding
- SCRIPTURE READING: Psalms
32:8-9 = "I will instruct thee and teach
thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with
mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have
no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle,
lest they came near unto thee."
- THERE ARE TWO DISCUSSION POSSIBILITIES:
- The difficulty in getting animals to understand.
- The difficulty in getting man to understand.
- HOWEVER, THE STATEMENT: "BE YE NOT AS
THE HORSE, OR AS THE MULE", SETS THE DIRECTION OF THIS
- This phrase indicates something over which
man has control in comparison to animals.
- The life that I live shouldnt have
to be controlled, or restrained by physical force.
- MAN HAS A THREE FOLD NATURE:
- Animal Bodily needs
of food and raiment.
- Social Association
with kind of creatures.
- Spiritual Made in
the image of God [Genesis
1:26-27]; and the need of being taught early in life
to love that which God loves and hate that which God hates.
12:1 = "Remember now thy Creator in the days
of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw
nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;"
22:6 = "Train up a child in the way he should
go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
Timothy 1:5 = "When I call to remembrance
the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy
grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded
that in thee also."
- MAN MAY ALSO BE CLASSIFIED IN TWO WAYS:
- The inner man:
- This is the hidden man of the heart consisting
- The intellect - The thinking;
Reasoning; and Believing.
- The emotions The
feelings; Affections; Fears; Anger; Joy; Sorrows; and
- The will Action;
Obedience; Disobedience; Conscience.
- Peter writes, 1
Peter 3:3-4 = "Whose adorning let it
not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and
of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let
it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not
corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit,
which is in the sight of God of great price."
- Yet there is a warfare that takes place
with this inner man that must be dealt with.
7:22-23 = "For I delight in the law
of God after the inward man: But I see another law in
my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing
me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members."
- The outer man:
- Similar to that of mans animal
- More specifically to worldly concerns
as they pertain to the body.
Corinthians 4:16 = "For which cause we
faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward
man is renewed day by day."
- THE CORRECT NATURE OF MAN MUST BE BROUGHT
- We must begin early in life to control
the outer (animal) nature of man or will take control
of the inner (spiritual) nature of man.
12:1 = "Remember now thy Creator in the
days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years
draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;"
22:6 = "Train up a child in the way he
should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
- We dare not put off this action too long.
- When the animal pat of man gains control
of a person, he becomes a civic liability.
- Those in prison.
- Those in mental institutions.
- The broken marriages; Suicides; Etc.
John 2:16 = "For all that is in the
world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes,
and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of
- A person held in check by bridle and trappings
alone is an unsafe person and presents a sad picture of humanity.
- We are headed toward the more and more
conflicts and the destruction of the world, with more than
half of mankind living on the animal nature of man.
- Atheism; Agnosticism; Evolution; and
the removal of Gods Word as the divine restraint has
left man in a state of feeling no responsibility to any
- Governments go down in revolution, anarchy,
- CONCLUSION: CHRISTIANITY, OUR ONLY HOPE:
- CHRISTIANITY CONTROLS THE WHOLE OF MAN INSIDE
AND OUT, FROM WITHIN:
10:16 = "This is the covenant that I will
make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put
my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;"
4:23 = "Keep thy heart with all diligence;
for out of it are the issues of life."
- CHRISTIANITY CONTROLS A PERSON WITH INFINITE
LOVE FOR OURSELVES AND OUR FELLOW MAN:
3:16 = "For God so loved the world, that
he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 4:11 = "Beloved, if God so loved us,
we ought also to love one another."
Note: Love begets
love and desire to do good for one another.
- THE CHURCH IS GODS MEANS FOR SAVING
- Everyone of us has a part in this great
- Will you do what you can to make the Church
what it ought to be?
Back to the Top