IS ONE CHURCH AS GOOD AS ANOTHER
- CONSIDER THESE QUESTIONS:
- If you are seeking a companion for life,
is one as good as another?
- If you are catching a plane, is one as
good as another?
- If you need a physician, is one as good
- If you need medicine, is one as good as
- If you are computing figures, is one as
good as another?
- If you are making an investment, is one
as good as another?
- WE BECOME EXTREMELY CAREFUL ABOUT MATERIAL
THINGS AND ARE EXTREMELY CARELESS ABOUT SPIRITUAL MATTERS.
- We make careful preparation and are cautious
about material things:
- Is this the right companion I want to
spend the rest of my life with?
- Is this the right plane going to take
me to the specific place I want to go?
- Is this the right physician to help me
with my heart, or will just a food doctor do?
- Is this medicine exactly what I need
for my diabetics? It worked well on my corns.
- Is one figure as good as another when
you turn in your income tax form?
am sure that by now you are getting the point I am leading
- Then why is it we will take just anything
that comes along religiously as right?
- Every church is not the same; neither
is every medicine the same.
- Every church is not going to take us
to heaven; neither will every plane fly us to the same destination.
- Every church is not the way to heaven;
Only the one built by Christ.
- Every church differs in its plan of salvation;
Yet only the way or plan will get us through to His Heavenly
- STUDY WITH ME FOR A FEW MINUTES THE QUESTION:
"IS ONE CHURCH AS GOOD AS ANOTHER".
- NOT UNLESS ONE GOD IS AS GOOD AS ANOTHER:
- Different religions have different gods,
for example: Buddhism and Shintoism.
- But the Bible tells us there is "one
God" and "Him only are we to serve".
4:6 = "One God and Father of all, who is
above all, and through all, and in you all."
4:10 = "Then saith Jesus unto him, get
thee hence, Satan: for it is written, thou shalt worship the
Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve."
- NOT UNLESS ONE FOUNDER IS AS GOOD AS ANOTHER:
- Different churches have been founded by
- But the church of the Bible was founded
16:18 = "And I say also unto thee, that thou
at Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the
gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
the church founded by Gods Son Jesus Christ is better
than one founded by men.
15:13 = "But he answered and said, every
plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted
- NOT UNLESS THE BLOOD OF CHRIST IS UNIMPORTANT:
- Only the Church Christ built cost His blood.
20:28 = "Take heed therefore unto yourselves,
and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made
you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased
with his own blood."
- The Church purchased by the blood of Christ
is better than one which cost Christ nothing.
- NOT UNLESS THE CHURCHES ESTABLISHED BY MAN
ARE AS GOOD AS THE ONE SPOKEN OF IN THE BIBLE:
- Christs church is spoken of in the
Bible as established by Christ [Matthew
- Congregations of the Lords Church
are spoken of in the statement: "
of Christ salute you" = Romans
church not mentioned in the Bible, surely is not as good as
the one that is mentioned.
- NOT UNLESS ONE HEAD IS AS GOOD AS ANOTHER:
- Different churches have different heads.
- Christ is the only head of the church mentioned
in the Bible.
1:22-23 = "And hath put all things under
his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the
church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all
5:23 = "For the husband is the head of the
wife, even as Christ is the head of the church; and he is the
saviour of the body."
church which has Christ as its only head is unquestionably
better than a church with a human head.
- NOT UNLESS ONE FOUNDATION IS AS GOOD AS ANOTHER:
- Different churches have been founded upon
different foundations or principles.
- Names of men: John the Baptist; Martin
Luther; John Calvin; John Weslely; ETC.
- Presbyters (bishops); Methods of church
government, or organization; ETC.
- Doctrine; Creed; Discipline; Catechism;
Confession of Faith; ETC. [All of which are written by some
one, or council.]
- Christs church is founded upon the
glorious truth that He is the Son of God.
16:16-18 = "And Simon Peter answered and
said, thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus
answered and said unto him, blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona:
for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father
which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, that thou art
Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates
of hell shall not prevail against it."
Corinthians 3:11 = "For other foundation
can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
2:20 = "And are built upon the foundation
of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the
chief corner stone."
church founded upon Christ is unmistakably better than one founded
upon man, or the doctrine of men.
- NOT IF WORSHIP IS IMPORTANT:
- Different churches have different kinds
- In rituals that must be conducted according
to written procedures by man.
- In proclaiming the doctrines of men.
- Just any worship is not as good as that
of the Bible.
4:23-24 = "But the hour cometh, and now is,
when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit
and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God
is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit
and in truth."
15:9 = "But in vain they do worship me, teaching
for doctrines the commandments of men."
is thus very evident just any form, or kind, of worship is not
as good as another.
- NOT UNLESS ONE DOCTRINE IS AS GOOD AS ANOTHER:
- Different churches preach different doctrines.
- That of men: John Calvin, John Wesley,
Martin Luther, ETC.
- That of some council of men put into
Confessions of Faith, Creeds, ETC.
- The Bible tells us one doctrine is not
as good as another:
1:6-9 = "I marvel that ye are so soon removed
from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another
gospel; which is not another; but there be some that trouble
you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we,
or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than
that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As
we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other
gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."
John 9-11 = "Whosoever transgresseth, and
abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that
abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and
the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine,
receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
for he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."
church then can not be as good as another.
- NOT UNLESS ONE WAY IS AS GOOD AS ANOTHER:
- Different churches travel down different
- Some of these are so liberal they will
include any and everything one would still want to do.
- This is the board of way of life, very
pleasing to both man and Satan.
- The Church of the Bible follows a narrow
7:13-14 = "Enter ye in at the strait
gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth
to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because
strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth
unto life, and few there be that find it."
- The Lord said: John
10:1 "Verily, verily, I say unto you,
he that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but
climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."
- COMMENT: All churches do
not lead us correctly toward the one door.
John 14:6 = "Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto
the Father, but by me."
- NOT UNLESS THEY ARE FOLLOWING ONLY GODS
- Different churches use different Bibles,
that have been amended, altered to include wording to support
their particular belief, teaching, or doctrine, or Creed.
- The church of The Bible follows only the
Bible with Gods inspired Word.
Timothy 3:16-17 = "All Scripture is given
by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for
reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished
unto all good works."
17:8] = "For I have given unto them the
words, which thou gavest me; and they have received
them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and
they have believed that thou didst send me."
17:14]= "I have given them thy word;
and the world hath hated them because they are not of the
world, even as I am not of the world".
17:17] = "Sanctify them through thy truth:
Thy word is truth."
Bible is contains the Word of God, while the creeds of men contain
- NOT UNLESS ONE BAPTISM IS AS GOOD AS ANOTHER:
- Different churches teach and administer
- Baptism to be a member of the church.
- Baptism because God for Christ sake has
already pardoned sins.
- Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- The Bible speaks of only one baptism to
be administered and it is that of the great commission.
28:19-20 = "Go ye therefore, and teach
all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and
of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe
all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am
with you alway, even unto the end. . ."
4:5 = "One Lord, one faith, and one baptism."
6:3-5 = "Know ye not, that so many of us
as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his
death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:
that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory
of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his
death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection."
- One baptism.
- One form of baptism a buried
- Administered "in the name of the
Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost".
- For the remission of (washing away
of) sins. Acts
2:38 = "Then Peter said unto them,
repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of
Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye
shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
22:16 = "And now why tarriest thou?
Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins,
calling on the name of the Lord."
- NOT UNLESS ONE NAME IS AS GOOD AS ANOTHER:
- Different churches have different names:
Episcopal; Methodist; Baptist; Presbyterian; Lutheran; Nazarene;
Adventist; and ETC. The list is unending.
- The members of Christs Church wore
only one name that of Christ, which in turn brought forth
them being called Christians.
11:26 = "
And the disciples were
called Christians first at Antioch."
Peter 4:16 = "Yet if any man suffer as
a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him
glorify God on this behalf."
- THAT WHICH SHOULD BE FOLLOWED AND TAUGHT
WAS WELL EXPRESSED BY CHRIST:
12:48-50 = "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth
not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I
have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For
I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent
me, he gave a commandment, what I should say, and what I
should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting:
whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me,
so I speak."
- WE NEED TO LISTEN TO ONLY THE WORD OF GOD
RATHER THAN THAT OF MAN. WHY? "
.The word that
I [Christ] have spoken, the same shall judge him
in the last day." = John
- THERE IS A VAST DIFFERENCE IN THE CHURCHES
OF MAN AND THE CHURCH OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.
- ARE YOU IN THE LORDS CHURCH?
Back to the Top