Paul's Manner of Serving The Lord
- SCRIPTURE READING: [Acts
- MANNER: (Webster)
- A customary way of acting; conduct;
Mode of living or acting before others.
- The customary behavior, or habit
- Conduct of action rendered in behalf
- Jesus was serving God in coming
to earth for the salvation of mankind.
- The apostles were serving the Lord
in carrying His Word to others after His ascension
- We are serving the Lord in following
His steps and doing those things taught in His Word
to one day be with Him in heaven.
- WHAT THEN WAS PAULS MANNER
OF SERVING THE LORD?
- "With all humility of mind"
- "With many tears" [Acts
- "Kept back nothing that
was profitable unto you" [Acts
20:20}. This was in his both in his daily living
- "Showed you" [Acts
20:20]. He lived it.
- "Taught you publickly, and
from house to house [Acts
- "Testifying (teaching) both
to the Jews. And also to the Greeks" [Acts
- His service to the Lord would
be done regardless of what faced him in life:
- He went to Jerusalem "bound
in the spirit" [Acts
1:14-15 = "I am debtor both to the Greeks,
and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the
unwise. So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach
the gospel to you that are at Rome also."
- Possible afflictions that he might
face in Jerusalem did not stop him: "Not knowing
the things that shall befall me there: Save that the
Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds
and afflictions abide me . But none of these things
- He did not let even the possible loss
of life to stop him in serving the Lord. "
count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish
my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received
of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace
of God." [Acts
- His manner of living and preaching
was such that he could say that he was pure from the blood
of all men.
20:25-26] = "And now, behold, I know that ye
all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God,
shall see my face no more. Wherefore I take you to record
this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men."
- He shunned not to declare the whole
counsel of God: "For I have not shunned to declare
unto you all the counsel of God." = [Acts
- The service Paul manifest before them
was over a space "
of three years I ceased
not to warn every one night and day with tears"
- "I have coveted no mans
silver, or gold, or apparel" [Acts
- With his own "
ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were
with me." [Acts
- He set before them an example of "
that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to
remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, it
is more blessed to give than to receive." [Acts
- PAUL WAS AN EXAMPLE OF CHRIST BEFORE
Corinthians 11:1 = "Be ye followers of me,
even as I also am of Christ."
- Peter wrote about our following in
the steps of Christ, or doing as He had done. I
Peter 2:21 = "For even hereunto were ye
called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us
an example, that ye should follow his steps."
- IN WHAT MANNER ARE YOU SERVING THE LORD?
- IF YOU ARE NOT SERVING THE LORD AS YOU
SHOULD, MAY WE ENCOURAGE TO DO SO AS WE STAND AND SING THE
Back to the Top