Saving The Lost
- THE SUBJECT FOR TODAY IS TAKEN FROM Proverbs
11:30 = "The fruit of the righteous is as
tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise."
- WHY IS WINNING SOULS WISE?
- This was Why Christ came to the earth.
19:10 = "For the Son of man came to seek
and to save that which was lost."
- This was why Christ said unto His disciples,
Go ye into all the world, and preach the
gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized
shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned"
- WHERE ARE THE SAVED? IN THE CHURCH
2:47 = "
And the Lord added to the
church daily such as should be saved."
- WHOSE RESPONSIBILITY IS IT TO SAVE THE LOST?
Timothy 2:3-4 = "For this is good and acceptable
in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be
saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."
Timothy 3:15 = "But if I tarry long, that
thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the
house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar
and ground of the truth."
- MORE SPECIFICALLY THE RESPONSIBILITY IS MINE
- The chief business of the Church is to
save the lost.
- We in the Church are saved to save others.
- Our salvation and the salvation of the
world depend upon it.
- Notice what the Lord said:
15:2 = "Every branch in me that beareth not
fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he
purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit."
15:8 = "Herein is my Father glorified, that
ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples."
- CHRIST CAME TO SAVE THE LOST.
19:10 = "For the Son of man is come to seek
and to save that which was lost."
- The life, death, burial and resurrection
of Christ, which Paul preached was to save man.
Corinthians 15:3-4 = "For I delivered unto
you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ
died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he
was buried, and that he rose again the third day according
to the scriptures:"
- Christ paid a great price for mans
Peter 1:18-19 = "Forasmuch as ye know that
ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and
gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from
your fathers; but with the precious blood of Christ, as of
a lamb without blemish and without spot:"
- The gospel is Gods power of salvation.
1:16 = "For I am not ashamed of the gospel
of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every
one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
is no reason for man to go to hell, when God has done so much
to save him.
- WHO ARE THE LOST TO BE SAVED?
- The world -- That is why God gave His Son.
3:16-17 = "For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth
in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God
sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but
that the world through him might be saved."
man has been lost since the fall of Adam in the Garden of
- All that obey not the gospel of Christ.
Thessalonians 1:7-9 = "And to you who are
troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed
from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our
Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction
from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;"
- THE VALUE OF ONE SOUL IS BEYOND MEASURE:
8:36-37 = "For what shall it profit a man,
if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what
shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"
Comment: One soul
is worth more than the world, and will outlive all that is upon
the earth in eternity.
- WE SHOULD STRIVE TO LEAD ONE SOULD TO CHRIST.
- IT CAN BE DONE IF WE WANT TO.
- THINK ON THESE WORDS OF PAUL. 1
Corinthians 9:16-17 = "For though I preach
the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid
upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! for
if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against
my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me."
- WHAT STEWARDSHIP! PREACHING CHRIST TO SAVE
- WHAT ABOUT YOUR STEWARDSHIP?
Back to the Top