Self - Adjustment
- SELF-ADJUSTMENT DEFINED: THE WORLD BOOK
- The process by which a person adapts himself
to the natural or social conditions around him.
- The act of adjusting ones self to
the ever changing conditions in life.
- SELF-ADJUSTMENT THE MARK OF AN BALANCED INDIVIDUAL:
- An educated persons ability to accommodate
himself to constant changes of circumstances and conditions.
- The recognition that often these adjustments
can not be made alone, but must have help from above.
- THE NECESSITY OF SELF-ADJUSTMENT:
- Human life is filled with ever changing
circumstances, or extremes:
- From health to sickness, and sickness
- From prosperity to adversity, and adversity
- From peace to war, and war to peace.
- From the extremes of summer to winter,
and winter to summer.
- From love to hate, and hate to love.
- Many changes are unexpected.
sudden changes that alter ones life are more dangerous
to ones faith than the most trying settled conditions.
- He who tries to pass from the summer to
the winter of life without making the proper adjustments is
doomed to perish.
- Scripture reading: Philippians
4:10-13 = "But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly,
that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again;
wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity. Not
that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever
state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be
abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things
I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to
abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ
which strngtheneth me."
- PAUL AN EXAMPLE OF MAKING ADJUSTMENTS IN
- Paul as we have read in Philippians
4:10-13, had passed through all changes of human experience.
- Paul did not allow:
- Changes to find him unprepared.
- Hardships to overcome him, nor prosperity
to master him.
- Paul words in this regards are found in
4:12 = "I know both how to be abased, and
I know how to a bound: every where and in all things I am
instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to a bound
and to suffer need."
- THE SECRET OF PAULS SUCCESS IN MAKING
- Divine help made it possible for Paul to
meet all of Lifes changes. Philippians
4:13 = "I can do all things through Christ
which strengtheneth me."
- The same divine strength is available to
all Christians, and it is found in"
- The teachings of Christ.
John 2:14 = "I have written unto you,
fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning.
I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong,
and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome
the wicked one."
- In the example of Christ.
12:3 = "For consider him that endured
such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be
wearied and faint in your minds."
- In the communion with Christ.
- In prayer.
7:7-8 = "Ask, and it shall be given
you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened
unto you: For ever one that asketh receiveth; and he that
seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be
- In partaking of the Lords supper.
26:26-29 = "And as they were eating,
Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave
it to the disciples, and said, take, eat; this is my body.
And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them
saying, drink ye all of it; for this is my blood of the
new testament, which is shed for many for the remission
of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth
of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink
it new with you in my Fathers kingdom."
- In letting the Word of God dwell and
rule in our hearts.
3:15-16 = "And let the peace of God rule
in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body;
and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you
richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another
in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace
in your hearts to the Lord."
- In the cleansing made possible by the
blood of Christ by walking in obedience to His Word
John 1:7 = "But if we walk in the light,
as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from
- In the intercession made for us by:
- Jesus Christ.
8:34 = "Who is he that condemneth?
It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,
who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh
intercession for us."
John 2:1 = "My little children, these
things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man
sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ
- The Holy Spirit.
8:26 = "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our
infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings
which cannot be uttered."
- WE LEARN TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS IN THE PHYSICAL
- WE MUST LEARN TO MAKE ADJUSTMENT IN THE SPIRITUAL
REALM AS WELL.
- Adjustments to Gods way.
- Christ made this adjustment. Luke
22:42 = "Saying, Father, if thou be willing,
remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine
- We must also do as the Lord wants done.
6 :46 = "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord,
and do not the things which I say?"
- The becoming a new spiritual man by the
baptismal birth. [Romans
- The putting off the old man and putting
on the new man. [Ephesians
- HAVE YOU MADE THE ADJUSTMENT TO CHRISTIAN
Back to the Top